apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apr-util 1.5.0
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 19:09:08 GMT
On Tuesday 07 August 2012, Eric Covener wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Stefan Fritsch <sf@sfritsch.de>
wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Tarballs/zipfiles are at http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/
> >
> > It includes many bug fixes and new built-in bcrypt support.
> >
> > Full CHANGES are here:
> > http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/CHANGES-APR-UTIL-1.5
> >
> > +/-1
> > [  ]  Release apr-util 1.5.0 as GA
>
> r1357772 moved some code that depended on apu_config.h to
> apr_passwd.c which didn't include it.   On AIX this triggers a
> compile-time error but on other platforms it probably causes APU
> to use crypt() with our own mutex.

Thanks for catching this. I will T&R 1.5.1 in a few days.

But if somebody else with a platform that is not Linux, AIX, Netware,
or Windows wants to do some testing first, that would be appreciated.
Maybe Solaris or FreeBSD, anyone?

It seems on Netware, apr-util 1.5 only builds with the svn version of
APR 1.4 because of some build system changes. Looking at the CHANGES
file, I think releasing apr 1.4.7 as well may be a good idea. If
anyone wants to add some final fixes there, go ahead. In particular,
it would be nice if those Netware build-system changes would get a
CHANGES entry, too.

Cheers,
Stefan