apr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Philip Martin <phi...@codematters.co.uk>
Subject Re: Having issues compiling apr-util 1.4.1 on scientific linux 6.2
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 11:23:12 GMT
Anthony Gargiulo <anthony@agargiulo.com> writes:

> I am trying to compile arp-util 1.4.1 on scientific linux, but I can't seem
> to get it to work.
>
> As this is being compiled along with httpd 2.4.2, I used this to configure
> httpd:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/httpd --enable-so --enable-ssl --disable-userdir
> --with-included-apr
>
> But I keep getting an error with libtool:
> http://fpaste.org/yQau/
>
> I have already tried to compile apr on it's own and I got the same message.
> also trying to build httpd with the most recent apr-dev that comes with
> scientific linux is too old.

If apr failed with the same error then why you are trying to build
apr-util?  It's not clear what you are doing.  Your configure line has
htppd options: is this a build of apr-util within httpd?  Did the
corresponding apr build succeed?

The libtool invocation is:

/bin/sh /opt/httpd-2.4.2/srclib/apr/libtool --silent --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -pthread -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -I/opt/httpd-2.4.2/srclib/apr-util/include
-I/opt/httpd-2.4.2/srclib/apr-util/include/private -I/opt/httpd-2.4.2/srclib/apr/include -version-info
-o libaprutil-.la -rpath /opt/httpd/lib buckets/apr_brigade.lo buckets/apr_buckets.lo buckets/apr_buckets_alloc.lo
buckets/apr_buckets_eos.lo buckets/apr_buckets_file.lo buckets/apr_buckets_flush.lo buckets/apr_buckets_heap.lo
buckets/apr_buckets_mmap.lo buckets/apr_buckets_pipe.lo buckets/apr_buckets_pool.lo buckets/apr_buckets_refcount.lo
buckets/apr_buckets_simple.lo buckets/apr_buckets_socket.lo crypto/apr_crypto.lo crypto/apr_md4.lo
crypto/apr_md5.lo crypto/apr_sha1.lo crypto/getuuid.lo crypto/uuid.lo dbd/apr_dbd.lo dbm/apr_dbm.lo
dbm/apr_dbm_sdbm.lo dbm/sdbm/sdbm.lo dbm/sdbm/sdbm_hash.lo dbm/sdbm/sdbm_lock.lo dbm/sdbm/sdbm_pair.lo
encoding/apr_base64.lo hooks/apr_hooks.lo ldap/apr_ldap_stub.lo ldap/apr_ldap_url.lo memcache/apr_memcache.lo
misc/apr_date.lo misc/apr_queue.lo misc/apr_reslist.lo misc/apr_rmm.lo misc/apr_thread_pool.lo
misc/apu_dso.lo misc/apu_version.lo strmatch/apr_strmatch.lo uri/apr_uri.lo xlate/xlate.lo
xml/apr_xml.lo -lrt -lcrypt -lpthread -lexpat /opt/httpd-2.4.2/srclib/apr/libapr-1.la -lrt
-lcrypt -lpthread

The "-o libaprutil-.la" bit should be "-o libaprutil-1.la" which implies
that there is some problem setting APRUTIL_MAJOR_VERSION.

-- 
Philip

Mime
View raw message