apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: APR for Texas Instruments C6x
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 09:24:59 GMT

On 2 May 2012, at 09:37, Jonathan Melissant wrote:

> I've managed to compile APR for the Texas Instruments c6x architecture.

Thanks for sharing!

> However, I had to make a small modification to /locks/unix/thread_mutex.c:
>
> at line 60, i've changed:
>
>         rv = pthread_mutexattr_settype(&mattr, PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE);

>   rv = pthread_mutexattr_settype(&mattr, PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE_NP);

At what level was that required?  To compile?  To pass the test suite?  Or to work
with your application?

> Maybe this can be automated by specifying an extra define in case of c6x architecture?

> I'm not really familiar enough to do this myself.

Neither am I.  Guessing from ignorance here:

> PS: Building APR was done by issueing:

Did that come directly from APR's ./configure script?  If not, I'd expect whatever
reference you used to derive it might tell you how you could identify it in a #define.

(or if it's a cross-compile then whoever set that up is your local expert).

--
Nick Kew