apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1308135 - in /apr/apr-util/branches/1.4.x: ./ CHANGES crypto/apr_crypto.c
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2012 20:55:44 GMT
On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 11:23,  <minfrin@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: minfrin
> Date: Sun Apr  1 15:23:45 2012
> New Revision: 1308135

> Log:
> Backport:
> apr_crypto: Ensure the *driver variable is initialised when a statically
> compiled library is initialised for the first time.
>
> Modified:
>    apr/apr-util/branches/1.4.x/   (props changed)
>    apr/apr-util/branches/1.4.x/CHANGES
>    apr/apr-util/branches/1.4.x/crypto/apr_crypto.c
>
> Propchange: apr/apr-util/branches/1.4.x/
>  Merged /apr/apr/trunk:r1308131

-131 has no edit to CHANGES.

When performing backports, you should commit *just* the backport. If
you want to make other changes, then keep them in a separate commit.

Combining changes like this is poor branch policy. It means that we
can no longer trust that a backport is *JUST* the backport. We have to
investigate to determine whether other changes were made in the
commit.

-g