apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Cannot find regex.h when building with Developer Studio 2010
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 21:07:46 GMT
On 4/30/2012 11:26 AM, shathawa@e-z.net wrote:

>> I looked at pcre-8.3, but did not find regex.h. Am I missing some other
>> third party library? I could not find regex.h anywhere under
>> apr/apr-util/apr-iconv. And I don't believe it is part of Dev Studio 2010.

regex is older than gnu and was reinvented several times.  Packages like pcre
make you go through extra steps if you are using it as a regex provider, since
there are so many, and since the OS vendor usually makes the election.

pcreposix.h is the magic sauce to make pcre fulfill the 'regex.h' functionality.
You could either have a regex.h simply #include that header, install a second
copy or add a symlink.