apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1308135 - in /apr/apr-util/branches/1.4.x: ./ CHANGES crypto/apr_crypto.c
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2012 09:39:44 GMT
On 4/4/2012 10:36 PM, Branko ─îibej wrote:

> Um, Greg? I often find that rereading evening mails in the morning
> before sending them is conductive to a civilized discussion. This has
> gone way beyond necessary.

Brane, we don't usually disagree, I don't think we are disagreeing now.

There are nice ways to correct behavior.  But when someone has been a
committer for years, and suddenly spews crap into the versioned repository
that they once treated with respect and in a manner acceptable to the
group, I don't think Greg's ire was unfounded.

Two rules bind ASF projects.  1. just do it.  2. respond to feedback.

And that omits 3. (or 1.5.) ask for feedback.