apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1308135 - in /apr/apr-util/branches/1.4.x: ./ CHANGES crypto/apr_crypto.c
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2012 09:21:13 GMT
On 4/4/2012 5:09 PM, Graham Leggett wrote:

> This type of comment embarrasses both the project and the ASF. If you want to discuss
an
> issue, please discuss the issue. As soon as emails start getting abusive, EOT.

Graham Leggett,

The issue is that you have an history of unprofessional conduct, both with
vehemently pushing malformed API's and commit changes, blocking sensible
corrections to your ill-formed designs, and now without even proper log
entries, consistently without a semblance of design sensibility.  You truly
should be ashamed.

We can excuse you all that, and move on, but when fresh criticism is offered,
please resolve it to the satisfaction of your fellow committers, or expect
to ultimately have a call for your expulsion as a committer?  I trust the
list of APR PMC members supporting such an action is growing longer as time
goes on.  I'll be more than willing to publicly offer such a resolution, if
any PMC member requested me to do so.  And I know of three, offhand, who
would do so without a moment's hesitation.

You really don't need to spit out this acrimony on a public forum.  My post
does not belong on a public forum, but as I'd quoted you, you have asked for
this upon yourself.  Greg might be unprofessional in the manner in which he
presented his concerns, but as usual on a dev forum, he is right in technical
substance.  For many of us, our humor is pretty much exhausted with respect
to your participation antics.  It's curable, your karma is in the deep red,
and it's entirely on you yourself to mend.

Yours sincerely,

Bill

[Brane, I trust that since I didn't utter a swearword, this is more passable?
I agree there is acrimony, but the project must not be held hostage by fools.]