apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1308135 - in /apr/apr-util/branches/1.4.x: ./ CHANGES crypto/apr_crypto.c
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 01:21:59 GMT
On 4/2/2012 6:48 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:
> We're not talking about proper branch management and helpful log messages, both of which
> are a given. Instead we're talking about duplicating the revision recorded within
> svn:mergeinfo inside the log message.

Very, very few svn management tools do any reasonable job of providing
at-a-glance review to the human user for svn property metadata, outside
of the revprop svn:log.  At least, I haven't used one.

The rules on any commit are Who what when where why.  Usually takes not
more than a sentence, sometimes a submitted by, sometimes a PR ticket.

If it appeared on the original commit, it must appear in the log message
of all other commits.  Why would one delete that data?  To make it more
troublesome using viewvc to rewind WTF just happened?

So, backport log message == original log message + original commit rev no.