apr-dev mailing list archives

From shath...@e-z.net
Subject Re: Date-Time Computations
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 16:46:58 GMT
> Date-Time Computations
>
> I have systems where native 64bit integers are not available.
>
> The 64bit data storage is a structure containing a 32-bit-high
> and 32-bit-low integers.
>
> I would like to implement 64bit values on 32bit platforms.  The
> pressing need is to provide a Joda-Time or JDK date-time capability
> in C/C++ for XPath libraries written in C++.  Calendar operations
> are currently a big frustration on 32bit platforms.
>
> Can such a 32bit composite structure be mapped and used as the
> data for a 64bit microsecond clock value?
>
> Are there arithmetic functions available that can simulate 64bit
> arithmetic on the composite structure when native 64bit is not
> available to the platform?
>
> Integer arithmetic operation functions (Add, Subtract, Multiply,
> Divide, Remainder, Modulo) should be capable of operating on
> such composite values.  The native 64bit operations should be
> used if available to the platform.  The simulated operations
> should be used if 64bit integers are actually a composite
> structure of two 32bit values.
>
> Sincerely,
> Steven J. Hathaway

More information on aribitrary-precision integer arithmetic
is available at the GNU MP project (The GNU Multiple Precision
Arithmetic Library).  This is a multiple-precision library
written in C for arbitrary precision arithmetic on integers,
rational numbers, and floating-point numbers.

For up-to-date information on GMP, see the web pages at:

   http://gmplib.org

I have not tried to create a Microsoft Visual Studio build
for GMP.  The current build platforms use the GNU make library.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway