apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1308135 - in /apr/apr-util/branches/1.4.x: ./ CHANGES crypto/apr_crypto.c
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 16:03:44 GMT
On Sunday 08 April 2012, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> On 4/4/2012 5:09 PM, Graham Leggett wrote:
> > This type of comment embarrasses both the project and the ASF. If
> > you want to discuss an issue, please discuss the issue. As soon
> > as emails start getting abusive, EOT.
>
> Graham Leggett,
>
> The issue is that you have an history of unprofessional conduct,
> both with vehemently pushing malformed API's and commit changes,
> blocking sensible corrections to your ill-formed designs, and now
> without even proper log entries, consistently without a semblance
> of design sensibility.  You truly should be ashamed.

Bill, I think your criticism is completely out of proportion to the
issue at hand, namely not including the trunk revision number in the
log message. Other commiters produce broken log messages now and then,
too.

And the apr-ldap interface is broken. So what. Now it has been removed
from apr trunk. Things like that happen. Other committers have
introduced broken APIs, too. And both individual people and the
project as a whole learn from their mistakes.

Cheers,
Stefan