apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using autoconf/automake/libtool
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 20:46:50 GMT
Let me reiterate my earlier point, since this is straying from the main point:

A simple dist.sh script should be sufficient. We do not need automake
to take the place of a simple shell script.

serf's dist.sh is almost precisely what APR could use: it produces a
.bz2 and a .zip file. No complicated options or other processing
(unlike svn's release.py and dist.sh pair which manages the *process*
rather than just producing tarballs).

-g