apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ronen Mizrahi <ro...@tversity.com>
Subject Crash in apr_proce_create()
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 23:47:11 GMT
Hi,

We have been porting an existing APR based application to Mac OS and ran
into a crash problem on Mac when executing apr_proc_create() (no crash
was occurring on Windows)

After some investigation we found that run_child_cleanups (which is invoked
by apr_pool_cleanup_for_exec) was crashing due to the fact that
c->child_cleanup_fn was NULL.

For the time being we resolved it by adding an if not NULL statement before
invoking the cleanup function however I am not sure that a NULL cleanup
function is allowed or by itself represents some kind of an issue.

If it is allowed or can happen under normal conditions then I will be glad
to submit a patch, if it is not allowed I would appreciate any insights as
to what could have caused this scenario.

Best,

Ronen Mizrahi
TVersity