apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: problem building apr-util 64 bit Mac OS X
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 00:51:20 GMT
On 6 Feb 2012, at 23:50, grady player <gradyp@mozy.com> wrote:

> I am currently building a 32/64 bit version of apr by configuring and building twice
and combining the output with lipo, (apr-1.4.5)
> I am trying to accomplish the same thing with the 64-bit version with apr-util-1.4.1,
but all of my output seems to be i386 32bit,
> I am trying to configure and build with the following line:
>
> ./configure --target=x86_64 --prefix=`pwd`/64bit  --with-apr=`pwd`/../apr-1.4.5 CFLAGS="-m64"
&& make all && make install

Can you clarify why you're trying to explicitly build for a given architecture?

MacOSX has the concept of a Universal Binary, containing builds for different architectures
in the same binary, and both MacOSX and APR support this by default out the box.

In other words, if you try a vanilla build of APR, MacOSX will ensure that all relevant architectures
get built, and the right code runs on the right platform.

Regards,
Graham