apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Problems building apr 1.4.5 on AIX - not sure what I am seeing...
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 13:24:55 GMT
On 26 Feb 2012, at 2:22 PM, Michael Felt wrote:

> With apr v1.4.6 still get same problem that the layout directive is being ignored -

As I understand the layout option is only supported by httpd, not APR. Both APR and APR-util
are just simple libraries, so shouldn't need any special handling, and there is nothing in
there that is user serviceable (no config files, no logfiles).

According to ./configure --help on APR, you can control where the directories go using the
standard configure options as follows:

Fine tuning of the installation directories:
  --bindir=DIR            user executables [EPREFIX/bin]
  --sbindir=DIR           system admin executables [EPREFIX/sbin]
  --libexecdir=DIR        program executables [EPREFIX/libexec]
  --sysconfdir=DIR        read-only single-machine data [PREFIX/etc]
  --sharedstatedir=DIR    modifiable architecture-independent data [PREFIX/com]
  --localstatedir=DIR     modifiable single-machine data [PREFIX/var]
  --libdir=DIR            object code libraries [EPREFIX/lib]
  --includedir=DIR        C header files [PREFIX/include]
  --oldincludedir=DIR     C header files for non-gcc [/usr/include]
  --datarootdir=DIR       read-only arch.-independent data root [PREFIX/share]
  --datadir=DIR           read-only architecture-independent data [DATAROOTDIR]
  --infodir=DIR           info documentation [DATAROOTDIR/info]
  --localedir=DIR         locale-dependent data [DATAROOTDIR/locale]
  --mandir=DIR            man documentation [DATAROOTDIR/man]
  --docdir=DIR            documentation root [DATAROOTDIR/doc/PACKAGE]
  --htmldir=DIR           html documentation [DOCDIR]
  --dvidir=DIR            dvi documentation [DOCDIR]
  --pdfdir=DIR            pdf documentation [DOCDIR]
  --psdir=DIR             ps documentation [DOCDIR]

Regards,
Graham