apr-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [Vote] httpd 2.2.22 release
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 18:27:45 GMT
> On 1/30/2012 4:02 AM, Rainer Jung wrote:
>>
>> We add apu-1-confg --includes to CPPFLAGS and then use CPP and apu_version.h to detect
>> which version we have. That works for most gcc versions, but recent gcc chokes, because
>> apu_version.h includes apr_version.h, which can not be found due to our setting of
>> CPPFLAGS. gcc 4.6.2 based cpp then aborts parsing apu_version.h and our version check
fails.

>> Adding apu-1-confg --includes *plus* apr-1-confg --includes to CPPFLAGS before the
version
>> check fixes this.
>
> That is a bug in apu-1-config; which must include the apr-1 path in
> its reported --includes (and --libs).  An apu which isn't usable because
> it doesn't resolve apr is worthless.

I proposed the same patch as was applied long ago for trunk earliert
today for 2.2. That patch does not change apu-1-config behaviour.

Not sure whether I agree that apu should provide info about apr, since
one could argue that that's what apr-1-config is for. So I cross post
dev@apr and this part of the discussion could proceed there.

> That's how all .pc and other include/lib resolvers are supposed to behave.
>
> The same must be true for the linker.

Regards,

Rainer