apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apr-util 1.4.1
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 10:40:31 GMT
On 14 Dec 2011, at 5:25 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> Reposting for Graham's benefit, who likely skimmed over this;
> On 12/11/2011 1:49 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
>> - Windows Build system:
>>  - all *.dep and *.mak files are missing
>>  - in test/testutildll.dsp the probably obsolete string "NT" is
>>    by the possibly similarly obsolete "9x"
>>  - change of base addresses in some dsp file (might be OK)

Just to be clear, I don't have any access to a Windows system, never mind a Windows development
environment, just like I don't have access to Netware either. I can't comment on any of these
points because I'm not familiar enough with any of them to make any sort of modification.

Which leads me to the point I wanted to make earlier in response to Rainer but haven't had
a chance to as yet.

The code tree needs to be kept in a releasable state at all times.

I entirely understand that things get missed, and in turn I am entirely happy to reroll a
release if necessary, because I want to roll the best release we can. But attempting to use
a "just in time" process to see if the builds still work on Windows just prior to release
is broken. The builds should always work.

If anyone wants to improve the Windows build and fix any regressions, I am happy to RM another
release (or releases) until it's right.

View raw message