apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apr-util 1.4.0
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 23:20:50 GMT
On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 6:08 PM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:
> On 08 Dec 2011, at 12:56 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
>> There's a parameter on release.sh which gets passed to apr-util
>> buildconf.  If it is not passed to release.sh it looks like it will
>> look in ../apr.
>>
>> As it is not coming from the autotools, I guess Graham would have to
>> look for where it might have come.
>
> This time round I downloaded an apr v1.4.5 tarball instead of using the v1.4.5 tag, I've
tagged and rolled apr-util v1.4.1 using autoconf v2.68 and libtool v2.4.2, and placed it here:

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/apr/autoconf-2.68+libtool-2.4.2/
>
> Can you check that this makes sense for me?

config.sub/guess oddities resolved

autoconf 2.64->2.68 changes don't result in massive changes

big shrug on the libtool changes

(searching for ->apr libtool 2.4<- or ->expat libtool 2.4< shows
issues for some, but that may not be relevant for one reason or
another)

> I have checked the configure script, and it's marked as being built using autoconf v2.68,
so it seems to have rolled correctly. If not, I can reroll.

AFAICT it has been rolled as expected.

--/--

I see another (non-roll) issue from apr-util-1.3.12->apr-util-1.4.*
comparisons, and will start another thread on that.