apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apr-util 1.4.0
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 17:32:34 GMT
On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:
> On 07 Dec 2011, at 7:10 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
>> stuff to consider before 1.4.1
>>
>> different autotools versions compared with 1.3.12?  (not always a
>> problem, but could lead to unintended glitches???)
>>
>> I've been using autoconf 2.64 and libtool 1.5.26
>
> The autotools used are the defaults that ship with RHEL5.
>
> I am far more comfortable choosing a set of autotools shipped with and supported by a
major distribution than trying to cook up my own combination - Redhat have already found an
option that works, and if it isn't broken, I don't believe we should fix it - unless someone
genuinely experiences a problem.

> That said, I am happy to try out a Centos6 machine and use that, the autotools will be
newer.

Using the same autoconf and libtool as before should cost you less
than 10 minutes, it makes it trivial to review more of the proposed
tarball, and it essentially guarantees no regressions in certain
aspects of the release.

What could be better than that?