apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apr-util 1.4.0
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 17:56:51 GMT
On 07 Dec 2011, at 7:32 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Using the same autoconf and libtool as before should cost you less
> than 10 minutes, it makes it trivial to review more of the proposed
> tarball, and it essentially guarantees no regressions in certain
> aspects of the release.
>
> What could be better than that?

Using the same autoconf and libtool as a well supported vendor takes zero minutes, takes advantage
of bug and security fixes provided by that vendor, and completely eliminates the risk that
some manual thing I did messes up the release.

People build APR using their vendor supplied compilers and tools which will change as issues
are found and fixed. Freezing the versions of autoconf and libtool to an arbitrary version
makes no sense to me.

Regards,
Graham