apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apr-util 1.4.1
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 17:13:14 GMT
On 12/14/2011 5:32 AM, Guenter Knauf wrote:
> 3) for MSVC we generate the makefiles/dsp with the release script which generates the
file
> part from Makefile.inc + adds a header and footer to create a working nmake makefile
and dsp.

FWIW we are really interested in makefiles for windows (and netware).

For GUI users, vcproj/sln files are all we need for windows, not sure
what we would like to generate for eclipse, codewarrior, etc.  Someone
else would have to champion those.  But dsp only persisted because it
could be translated to vcproj and mak files.  The latest visual studio
no longer imports dsp files, so the approach is no longer interesting.