apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apr-util 1.4.1
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:32:12 GMT
Am 14.12.2011 04:25, schrieb William A. Rowe Jr.:
> I'll check in these files for potential inclusion in a 1.4.2, as folks
> decided this mostly works now.  But we really can't persist this mess for
> Netware or Win32 going on to APR 2.0.  Seems overtime for Guenter and I,
> or other fresh blood, to get on the task of generating appropriate build
> files automagically.
let me propose to work towards a concept we use with libcurl:
1) we have put all .c and .h files into a Makefile.inc
2) Makefile.am as well as all static makefiles (NetWare, MingW, OS400,
etc.) directly pick up this Makefile.inc and build their object files
list from that unless the platform uses non-gnu make
3) for MSVC we generate the makefiles/dsp with the release script which
generates the file part from Makefile.inc + adds a header and footer to
create a working nmake makefile and dsp.

If one is interested into this concept get a libcurl clone from git and
take a look.

Gün.