apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apr-util 1.4.1
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 10:09:34 GMT
On 12/14/2011 04:25 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
 > Reposting for Graham's benefit, who likely skimmed over this;
 >
 > On 12/11/2011 1:49 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
 >>
 >> - Windows Build system:
 >>    - all *.dep and *.mak files are missing
 >>    - in test/testutildll.dsp the probably obsolete string "NT" is
 >>      by the possibly similarly obsolete "9x"
 >>    - change of base addresses in some dsp file (might be OK)
 >
 > Bill asks, can you be more specific on the 3rd bullet?  Because we aim
 > for binary compatibility, that would be a (regrettable) regression.  As
 > I was traveling, I had no chance to look at this candidate.

If you look at old version multiple modules has the same base address
which was probably caused by simple copy/paste.
Eg, multiple dbd modules had the same base address (0x6EF00000)
dmb modules had the same address as dbd modules.

I only made sure they are unique, because if you try to load the
second dll with the same base address it'll get random one.

Regards
--
^TM