apr-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apr-util 1.4.0
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 23:11:07 GMT
On 07.12.2011 23:56, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Rainer Jung<rainer.jung@kippdata.de>  wrote:
>> On 07.12.2011 18:10, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>>>
>>> On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 8:23 PM, Graham Leggett<minfrin@sharp.fm>    wrote:
>>

>>> diff -ru apr-util-1.3.12/build/config.guess
>>> apr-util-1.4.0/build/config.guess
>>

>> config.guess is not an autotool.
>
> Cool.  (It wasn't too long ago that I always had
> config.sub/config.guess diffs in my tree from them being copied
> unexpectedly -- I thought from autoconf or libtool.)

Actually in older releases we had a force flag somewhere in buildconf
which would overwrite the config.* in apr when releasing apr and then
apr-util would pull in those overwritten ones from apr.

Over the last one or two years I hope we managed to remoive the force
everywhere, so config.* in apr svn should be the definite version.

>> apr-util buildconf should copy the file in from the apr against which you
>> run buildconf. The config.guess we have in apr is relatively up to date, so
>> this looks like apr-util buildconf was run against an old apr.
>
> There's a parameter on release.sh which gets passed to apr-util
> buildconf.  If it is not passed to release.sh it looks like it will
> look in ../apr.
>
> As it is not coming from the autotools, I guess Graham would have to
> look for where it might have come.

Definitely good to double-check and not to buildconf against some old
apr source.

Regards,

Rainer