apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apr-util 1.4.0
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 20:34:25 GMT
On 12/7/2011 9:22 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:

> I am far more comfortable choosing a set of autotools shipped with and supported by a
major distribution than trying to cook up my own combination - Redhat have already found an
option that works, and if it isn't broken, I don't believe we should fix it - unless someone
genuinely experiences a problem.

Of course.  Unfortunately, RHEL 5 is half a decade behind.
This would primarily affect obscure platforms, since they
are the ones most often broken and least frequently fixed.