apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: how to build APR with VS 2010
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 00:25:42 GMT
On 10/6/2011 6:33 PM, Jon Leighton wrote:
> On 10/6/11 3:28 PM, Peter Odding wrote:
>> This is from https://github.com/xolox/lua-apr/blob/master/NOTES.md.
>> Together with the bootstrap script I linked to earlier this document
>> contains hints about compiling APR, APR-Util, APR-iconv and the
>> SQLite3 driver on Windows (XP) using the Windows Platform SDK.
>
> Thanks for the link to your notes page.  Renaming apr_app to aprapp in the Makefile.win
> was all that was needed, and the build completed without error - perhaps because my
> sources are slightly more recent that those you describe on your notes page.

That's probably true... Only in the last few revs have I paid very
close attention to what ms visual studio 6 is emitting, and some of
it makes no sense for a layered build.  Glad you were successful,
since 1.4.2 is current, it seems appropriate to 'fix' apr-util,
but I think the correct fix is for apr-util 1.3 to simply invoke
the apr's Makefile.win.