apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: how to build APR with VS 2010
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 15:59:59 GMT
On 10/6/2011 9:18 AM, Peter Odding wrote:

> See specifically the following lines (executed BEFORE building anything):
>
>   :: I haven't a clue why this is needed, but it certainly helps :-)
>   TYPE apr\include\apr.hw > apr\apr.h
>   TYPE apr\include\apr.hw > apr\include\apr.h

Ahhh, right, you are trying to build the stale apr 1.3.12?  You probably
want the current 1.4.5 release.  The older flavors had a few snafus
with respect to cross-project dependencies.  In Makefile.win, it might
make sense to add NO_EXTERNAL_DEPS=1 to the nmake lines.  And I'm not
entirely sure why you think that first line above helps if every cl
command refers to -I./include ?  If it's a lingering failed first try,
you might want to remove that ;-)