apr-dev mailing list archives

From sidinsd <sid.schip...@ga.com>
Subject Re: Emulation of /dev/zero on Windows
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:19:28 GMT

I just read the doc for "MapViewOfFile" and I quote it below;

If a file mapping object is backed by the paging file (CreateFileMapping is
called with the hFile parameter set to INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE), the paging
file must be large enough to hold the entire mapping. If it is not,
MapViewOfFile fails. The initial contents of the pages in a file mapping
object backed by the paging file are 0 (zero).

So, it seems like in order for APR to support MAP_ANON they would have to
use the Windows APIs as specified above, but I don't think they do. Is there
any thought of APR supporting the MAP_ANON feature of mmap?