apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 100% cpu with APR on Windows
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 13:58:04 GMT
On 07/06/2011 02:52 PM, Eric van der Maarel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently I proposed a fix for the select version of apr_pollset_poll
> implementation, that prevents cpu going to 100% when all clients have
> disconnected
> (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/apr-dev/201106.mbox/browser). It actually provides
the select impl. of poll with the ability to issue APR_POLLHUPP return events.

> Jeff, could you please have a look at it and post any remarks you might
> have.

If Jeff can't, I can ;)
1. One byte is enough; eg. recv(s, &c, 1, MSG_PEEK)
2. Not sure that other platforms *always* set POLLHUP for
    half closed sockets.
3. Missing an actual .diff -u file

> How do I get about to get a patch like this adopted in the apr source?

Create a proper patch. It can be a while until someone
does your homework :)

Regards
--
^TM