apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Segment Fault: apr_palloc() in libapr-1.so.0
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 08:38:31 GMT
On 22 Jul 2011, at 05:42, John L. Poole wrote:

[asides]
I have httpd running on a different ARM platform, but I don't recollect the
APR version, and I think it might be 1.3.x.

How does that "-elibc_FreeBSD -older-kernels-compatibility" fit with
your Linux platform?
[/asides]

> What can I provide and/or do to help uncover what is causing this problem?  Should
> I log a bug?

I take it this is way too unpredictable to reproduce to order, so an interactive gdb
session would be pointless?

If so, then a traceback would be helpful.  Compiling apr with "-g -O0" will help you
get that from a coredump, or (since it's happening with httpd) Jeff's mod_backtrace
from http://people.apache.org/~trawick/ might be an alternative to the core (though
it'll still need the symbolic information).

And yes, by all means log a bug.  But you might still have to poke this list a bit,
especially if none of the active devs is in a position to reproduce the problem!
If you can identify specific details of your scenario that would help reproduce it,
that improves your chances of a diagnosis and fix.

--
Nick Kew

Available for work, contract or permanent
http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html