apr-dev mailing list archives

From Rhys Ulerich <rhys.uler...@gmail.com>
Subject Anyone seeing -g -O2 in apr-1.pc after installation of 1.4.5?
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 16:07:05 GMT
Hi all,

I just built and installed the public APR 1.4.5 tarball and noticed that the
apr-1.pc file contains
    Cflags: -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -g -O2 -pthread -I${includedir}
with a "-g -O2" that shouldn't be there.

My configure line was merely ./configure.  The tail end of configure shows
    Restore user-defined environment settings...
      restoring CPPFLAGS to ""
      setting EXTRA_CPPFLAGS to "-DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE"
      restoring CFLAGS to ""
      setting EXTRA_CFLAGS to "-g -O2 -pthread"
      restoring LDFLAGS to ""
      setting EXTRA_LDFLAGS to ""
      restoring LIBS to ""
      setting EXTRA_LIBS to "-luuid -lrt -lcrypt  -lpthread"
      restoring INCLUDES to ""
      setting EXTRA_INCLUDES to ""
and apr.pc.in uses
    Cflags: @EXTRA_CPPFLAGS@ @EXTRA_CFLAGS@ -I${includedir}
which definitely explains where the -g -O2 came from.

Has anyone else observed this problem?  Easy workaround is to manually
remove the flags from the installed pkgconfig file.

Thanks,
Rhys