apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Proposal: splitting APR and former apr-util libraries
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 16:29:18 GMT
On 6/3/2011 11:18 AM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 4:27 PM, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Making these N different packages doesn't do much beyond just what the
>> old apr-util did. I guess it solves a bit of dependency stuff.
>
> Having had to get a Windows build env up due to the WSAPoll()
> brokenness, I have to say that the multiple libraries is just a giant
> PITA.  Good riddance to apr-util and apr-iconv...  =)  -- justin

There is still the complexity of dependencies, of course.

To make it such that you don't necessarily have to integrate all of the
possible dependencies, I intend to play some config games using .vbs,
which is available now always with the windows scripting host on all
shipping win32 OSs.

And if you simply rebuild the core and use an existing set of apr-2/*.dll
stubs, that should prove OK, too.  Will have to give that part some thought.