apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1128885 - in /apr/apr/trunk: build/apu-conf.m4 build/apu-ldap.m4 configure.in
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 06:34:31 GMT

On 06/03/2011 05:19 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> On 6/2/2011 5:51 PM, Graham Leggett wrote:
>> On 02 Jun 2011, at 4:19 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>>

> And I am confused with one thing.  apr_crypto called out issues which cause
> apr_dbd arg lists to be reevaluated.  However, that is not the complaint with
> apr_ldap, but I think you might be conflating them?  If the arg lists to
> apr_ldap were an issue, I would have simply proposed the corrections.
>
> apr_ldap's issue is that it is an incomplete interface.  It is useless
> without intimate knowledge and use of the system LDAP provider, per the
> standard ldap API.  Therefore, whomever consumes apr_ldap must ***also***
> consume the system/toolkit ldap support, and that which apr was built
> against, to be specific.

I guess the point is that he wants to redesign the complete apr_ldap API to solve
the incompleteness issue. But he wants the API design to be correct in the first
shot. Hence he is waiting until apr_crypto and apr_dbd are in its final form
to have a blueprint for the new apr_ldap API to prevent the same "mistakes" with
this new API that were / are in apr_crypto / apr_dbd.

Regards

RĂ¼diger