apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1128885 - in /apr/apr/trunk: build/apu-conf.m4 build/apu-ldap.m4 configure.in
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 14:19:35 GMT
On 6/2/2011 6:10 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:
> On 02 Jun 2011, at 1:19 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>>
>> Justin had brought this to the list from a f2f hackathon for a decision as this
>> blocked 2.0 in 2009(!).
>
> "So, during the conversations we've had here in Amsterdam regarding combining APR and
> APR-util". Another example of discussions taken and decisions made off list.

Discussion != decision.  There are discussions on mailing lists (this was),
there are discussions at f2f events, there are discussions with your coder
friends or coder colleagues that will inspire improvements in ASF code.
And amazingly, nobody at the ASF takes a vow of silence.

>> but you had years to set aside time, and couldn't be bothered.
>
> I am thoroughly disgusted by this remark.

Graham, I am not, I repeat, not discussing your *contribution* to the ASF.
I respect the many, many things you have added, and aspects you improved,
and bugs you have fixed, which includes your patches to ldap.

You note the code is not gone, it is at the home of its consumer; the only
consumer I know of.  Please identify one more.  Thanks.