apr-dev mailing list archives

From sidinsd <sid.schip...@ga.com>
Subject Re: APR and Windows Services
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 18:49:04 GMT

Moreover, if you recognized that my problem was that I didn't call
apr_initialize(), why bash me? It was just ignorance on my part, couldn't
you have replied nicely? And just told me that I nbeeded to call
apr_initialize? Why be so nasty?

sidinsd wrote:

> I'm sorry you took my post as bashing. I wasn't bashing anyone, I was just
> trying to get some help. I can't understand why you are so sensitive. The
> forum is supposed to be a friendly place where people can get help, isn't
> that what it is meant for?
>

> William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

>>> Well, I figured this one out myself. Apparently, the libapr1-dll file
>>> must
>>> be in the same directory as the .exe file for the program you are
>>> running.
>>> It has nothing to do with it being a Windows Service, this applies to
>>> any
>>> program. My guess as to why this is required is that the loadDLL that