apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: splitting APR and former apr-util libraries
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:07:23 GMT
On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 07:27:20PM -0400, Greg Stein wrote:
> You're just talking about bringing back apr-util.

The motivation for combining the apr and apr-util "projects" (separate
tarball distributions) was that there we never had enough "churn" in
either to justify the additional overhead of a separate RM cycle for
each.

So I agree we don't need to go back to even higher RM overhead with lots
of "projects".  But I agree totally with Graham that splitting out the
sub-components into separate *libraries* is good and useful, so as to
isolate deps on third-party libraries; that's always been the plan
AFAIK.  I did at least start the groundwork on the buildsystem support
for that (r758206).

Regards, Joe