apr-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apr 1.4.5
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 10:54:52 GMT
On 20.05.2011 02:20, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Tarballs/zipballs are at http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/.
>
> This corrects the following regressions:
>
> apr_fnmatch() misbehavior
> APR handle debugging enabled on Windows
>
> Windows command-line build files are also updated.
>
> Given the narrow scope of changes and the importance of resolving the
> regressions, an abbreviated test cycle is called for.  A 24-36 hour
> cycle (depending on test feedback) should allow the mirrors to be
> updated and ready for a Monday announce (barring any further
> regressions, of course).  apr-util 1.3.12 will be released/announced
> at the same time, barring any regressions found in it in the meantime.
>
>  +/-1
>  [+1]  Release apr 1.4.5 as GA

- svn compared with gz, bz2 and zip only expected differences
  (except config.(guess|sub), which is not a blocker;
  I will fix this over the weekend for future releases)

- files signed, checksums correct

- I built and made check on the following platforms:
  - Solaris 8 Sparc, gcc 4.1.2
  - Solaris 10 Sparc, gcc 4.1.2
  - SuSE Linux Enterprise 10 32 and 64 Bit
  - RedHat Enterprise Linux 5, 64 Bit

- all builds suceeded

- all "make check" ran fine
  (except for binding to ::1 on Solaris with only IPv4 active,
   not a regression).

- tests succeed for apr-util on top of apr 1.4.5

- httpd test framework shows no failure for httpd trunk r1125289
  and apr/apu 1.4.5/1.3.12 (not all MPMS tested by now).

Regards,

Rainer