apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1101905 - /apr/apr/trunk/test/testfnmatch.c
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 16:26:12 GMT
On 5/12/2011 3:40 AM, Joe Orton wrote:

> File 'strings/apr_fnmatch.c'
> Lines executed:91.48% of 176
> Branches executed:95.40% of 261
> Taken at least once:81.61% of 261
> Calls executed:100.00% of 17

Can you email me the coverage detail report?  It should identify further
optimizations.

> I had one question actually, if you have a spare moment ever, there was
> a branch I could not work out how to trigger in fnmatch_ch():
>
>     if (**pattern == '[')
>     {
>         ++*pattern;
>         while (**pattern)
>         {
>             /* ']' is an ordinary character at the start of the range pattern */
>             if ((**pattern == ']') && (*pattern > mismatch)) {
>
> That last expression (*pattern > mismatch) looks like it should always
> evaluate to true; I could not work out why that test should be necessary.

I believe what is meant is mismatch + 1; []] should be valid to find ']', only
as the leading character, and a quick test confirms it fails.  But the exception
is more optimal if handled ahead of while (**pattern)... fixing shortly.