apr-dev mailing list archives

From Eric van der Maarel <eric.vandermaa...@nedap.com>
Subject Re: 100% cpu with APR on Windows
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 10:44:56 GMT
Hi, I'm in a team with Richard.

We already noticed that Stefan Ruppert's original patch didn't do the
trick. We've also applied the other diffs from rev. 1089433, to no
avail. It seems we are not in the situation that 1089433 fixes. When we
encounter the problem, we never have num == 0 or pollset->nelts == 0 (in
select.c).

 From the differences between running the server on Linux and on
Windows, I think the problem is in how the poll result is handled in the
tomcat-native java class org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint.Poller.

I could go into more detail, but:

The problem we encounter is a result of interaction between APR and the
java code from tomcat native (most notably
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint.Poller in 'comet' mode).
I see Mladen Turk is also on this list; do you think we should take this
issue there (too) Mladen?

Regards,
Eric

| Eric van der Maarel                     |
| NEDAP IDEAS                             |
| eric.vandermaarel@nedap.com             |