apr-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release apr-1.4.3
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 21:28:56 GMT
On 03.05.2011 21:22, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Tarballs/zipballs are at http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/.
>
> +/-1
> [  ]  Release apr 1.4.3 as GA

config.guess and config.sub are older in the release artefacts than in
svn. The buildconf in 1.4.x still has "--force" for libtoolize, which
replaces the apr config.(guess|sub) with the installed ones from
libtoolize. In trunk we removed the force and changed the buildconf
script to remove all temporary m4 files before calling libtoolize, so
that force (i.e. overwrite existing files) is no longer necessary.

If buildconf from trunk works for 1.4.x we might copy it from there for
the next release. Otherwise config.(guess|sub) will always be outdated
if the rolling system is not up to date.

Regards,

Rainer