apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: apr 1.4.3
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 16:45:55 GMT
On 5/2/2011 8:11 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Anticipated timeline for release:
>
> * Jeff to review/test wrowe's fnmatch rewrite today (Monday)
> * someone else do the same???

Stefan was interested in it.  I'm building upon a list of patterns in
test/testfnmatch.c designed to tickle bugs, not looking at the code
again.  I'll commit Bert's root dir and my url path 'case-ignore'
patch tonight, and spend just 20 min looking at the apr_file_stat's
behavior w.r.t. new win7 softlinks with and without APR_FSTAT_LINK,
just to make sure we are on the right page.

I like the single announce idea.

FYI there are two remaining warnings in apr_fnmatch.c, one is the
assignment within conditional that is trivial to fix (it was paren
delimited so the compiler shouldn't be complaining anyways), but
the other is a fixed loop with no useful break expression, e.g.
for (matchptr = pattern, matchlen = 0; 1; ++matchlen) termination
conditions all had specific additional processing.  If there was
a worthwhile alternative to avoid the warning, I didn't see it.
If there are any other warnings at -Wall I don't use the same
compilers as you had; please share.