apr-dev mailing list archives

From Massimo Manghi <mxman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: apr_dso_load with RTLD_LAZY and RTLD_LOCAL
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 12:20:01 GMT
 At least providing a way for specifying different load flags can be
 useful,
 and having even RTLD_LOCAL might be a recommended default in many cases

 Recently I ran into a problem connected with these flags developing
 mod_rivet. This sort of trouble occurred in a weird way and it was a
 real waste of time to track it down. The discussion that followed on
 the Tcl Core Team dev list came to the conclusion that the problems
 RTLD_GLOBAL was meant to address could be solved in different and more
 consistent ways, the choice didn't return enough advantages to break
 even with the drawbacks and was potentially harmful. See

 http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3216070&group_id=10894&atid=110894

   -- Massimo