apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: planning to T&R apr-util 1.3.11 later today
Date Sun, 15 May 2011 14:33:18 GMT
On 15 Apr 2011, at 3:38 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> Guessing you are catching up on list traffic sequentially and you'll
> note that
> Jeff clarified this wasn't about apr-util 1.4 at all.  Presuming we
> want some
> apr-util 1.4/1.5, I'll get the review done shortly against *trunk*
> anticipating
> that we will replace apr_crypto before any official apr project
> release, if that
> works for you?

All the changes in your laundry list that hadn't already been done on
trunk have now been applied to trunk, most specifically the reordering
of the parameters and the removal of apr_crypto_t where
apr_crypto_block_t was already present in the API call. Apart from
whitespace and comments, your previously posted apr_crypto.h and apr
v2.0's apr_crypto.h are now identical.

Next step will be to backport the current apr v2.0 API to v1.4, so
that there is just one common API in v2.0 and v1.4, which will in
theory remove any blockers we currently have over releasing apr-util
v1.4.

Does this plan make sense?

Regards,
Graham