apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Statical analysis apache 2.3.11
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2011 18:07:00 GMT
(adding dev@apr, since some of the report covers apr code)

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 1:05 PM, John Smith <lbalbalba@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just for fun, I ran the statistical source code analyzer 'clang' on
> the Apache httpd-2.3.11-beta sources. Looks like either the analyzer
> generates way too many false positives, or some stuff needs to be
> looked into.
> ;)
>
> Anyway, for anyone interested, the full results in gzipped html files
> are located here:
> https://sites.google.com/site/apache2scan/clang-scan.tar.gz

There are some harmless bugs, some bugs which are truly useful to fix
beyond "cleanness", and false positives.  I can't tell you how many of
each ;)

I'm sure some of the items will be fixed just because you posted this
(thanks).  Feel free to submit patches yourself.  Many of the
individual reports are tedius to research, only to find that the code
is correct :(

FWLIW, some of us went through one of these reports last year and
cleaned up a bunch of issues that generated clang warnings.