apr-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release apr-util 1.3.11
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 18:30:52 GMT
On 29.04.2011 01:45, Guenter Knauf wrote:
> Hi,
> Am 28.04.2011 11:24, schrieb Rainer Jung:
>> I hope I have some time to check older versions, like 1.3.9 etc. and
>> maybe also older apr (pool) versions to see, whether I can narrow down
>> the reason. Unfortunately until now, I could only reproduce the two
>> problems (unterminated loop, crash) when doing the testing as part of
>> the mass building, which takes time (a couple of hours). When running
>> testall after building even in loops, I could not reproduce the problems
> I can only add that I get also sporadic segfaults (invalid mem access)
> on NetWare with CodeWarrior compiler; and since otherwise httpd works
> fine when comsuming same APR/APU I believe that something is wrong with
> our test suite - it seems to me that it doesnt behave correctly in case
> of errors, I mean that not allways return codes of a fucntion failure
> are tested, and the test then runs into next function call with
> paramters being NULL or something like that ...
> also I believe that we fixed some of these already in 2.0 but not yet
> backported;
> though I had not the time yet to check into this deeper ...
> anyway, I see no regression for NetWare - the failing tests are same as
> with last release, so:

I did some more tests. There are various types of issues with
testreslist (unterminated loops, segmentation fault, bus error,
assertion failure). I get at least some of those even when using

- apr trunk as of now, so even with the volatile fix
- apr 1.3.9, 1.3.5, 1.3.2 (which was the oldest release I tried)
- apr-util 1.3.11, 1.3.10, 1.3.8, 1.3.2 (which was the oldest release I
tried)

using several combinations of apr and apr-util versions.

So if there is a common reason for those failures, then it is definitely
not a regression (and will also not be fixed by 1.4.3 as of now).

I will see whether I can strip down the test scenario and increase
reproducability in order to analyze. Since it is an old problem, it
should not block the release of apr-util 1.3.11 and apr 1.4.3.

Regards,

Rainer