apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1092027 - /apr/apr/branches/1.4.x/misc/win32/start.c
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 18:26:27 GMT
On 4/26/2011 9:13 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 3:22 AM,  <wrowe@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: wrowe
>> Date: Thu Apr 14 07:22:24 2011
>> New Revision: 1092027

>> Log:
>> Fix VC10 release build running on Windows7/Server 2008
>>
>> Submitted by: Steve Hay <SteveHay planit.com>
>
> BTW, I heard off-line that this fixed a crash of mod_perl in a 64-bit
> build running on Windows 2008.  I think the compiler for
> httpd/apr/mod_perl was Intel, but I'm trying to confirm.
>
> It would be good to have a CHANGES entry with hints for anyone who
> should try it.  Does anyone have an understanding of how general this
> is?

Well, since we never shipped any binary form of this, and it only applied
to newest MSVCRT, and people building the wrong version aren't going to
see the relevant CHANGES entry... /shrug.

Steve, if you want to write up a one or two sentences summarizing what
the fix covers, we are happy to add it to CHANGES