apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: process.h
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 15:59:13 GMT
Am 08.04.2011 17:45, schrieb Jeff Trawick:
> process.h has a cute history
>
> 1.4.x:
>
> APR_HAVE defined in apr.hw/apr.h.in; the include is performed in
> apr.hw if defined
>
> so apr.h.in needs to add the include if defined for same app
> experience with the two build systems
hehe, ans sorry I didnt dig that up self ...

> trunk:
>
> you removed the APR_HAVE_ and include from apr.hw; Günther added the
> APR_HAVE back to apr.h.in, so they're out of sync and need to be fixed
>
> fine with me not to include it everywhere, but the APR_HAVE has been
> useful (I think httpd uses that)
so then my patch although intuitive without knowing history looks more
like forward patch then ... :-)

> APR_WANT_GETPID for apr_want.h is the more appropriate interface for
> APR 2, but that still needs a visible APR_HAVE_PROCESS_H
what's that bad to include an offical system header for one platform
when we have it? If we would agree to make it equal with all 1.x / 2.x
APR versions to include it from apr.h then we could axe a lot of 'ifdef
APR_HAVE_PROCESS_H' from httpd trunk as well as 2.2.x ...

Gün.