apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: signal.h on Windows
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 15:50:18 GMT
Am 08.04.2011 17:29, schrieb William A. Rowe Jr.:
>> oh, and another bad thingy I found with APR on Windows is that ugly redefining of
all the
>> SIG* defines in apr_private.h - it simply doesnt work as it should, that means it
only
>> depends on the order of includes:
>> if signal.h is included before apr_private.h then the wanted redefine happens, the
other
>> turn signal.h defines win which is not what is desgined as I guess; I found this
with
>> OpenWatcom which does not allow redefining macros ... (at least not with different
values)
>> any idea how to workaround this issue properly?
>> I think that the only clean way would be to define our own APR_SIG* macros and use
these,
>> but that would then affect all platforms :-(
>
> Which could happen with 2.0 but not 1.x - anything more specific about how to avoid
> these collisions/load order issues for 1.x?
well, I could try to disable signal.h completely, and then see which
sources fail, and within these make sure that arch/private comes always
1st (but this would still not work with Watcom and other compilers which
dont allow redefines), or we could always 1st inlcude apr.h to get the
APR_HAVE_*, then in the middle the sytem headers, and finally
arch/private and undef 1st all macros which need redefines ...

or someone has a better idea??

Guen.