apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1088023 - in /apr/apr/trunk: CHANGES build/apr_rules.mk.in configure.in include/apr.h.in test/Makefile.in
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2011 15:27:42 GMT
Am 02.04.2011 16:59, schrieb Guenter Knauf:
> Am 02.04.2011 16:39, schrieb Jeff Trawick:
>> If you want both static and dynamic:
>>
>> * two builds in two passes of APR
>> * further hacks to allow the two builds to be co-resident in the
>> install location, since apr-2-config needs to know whether or not to
>> spit out APR_DECLARE_STATIC in CPPFLAGS (and possibly other,
>> uninvestigated glitches to resolved)
>>
>> So yes, at present you get a dynamic build by default, and if you want
>> a static build you need to add --disabled-shared as well to avoid
>> current glitches.
> k, thats what I thought ...
*if* we want to do it 'right' in one pass then I believe we would need
to build with APR_DECLARE_STATIC and then get the DDL linked with a .def
file (which is close to what is done on Linux with the export*.c hacks);
I would volunteer to modify our make_nw_exports.awk to be able to write
a Windows .def file, but I would fail to integrate this into a configure
build process ... :-(

Gün.