apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1088023 - in /apr/apr/trunk: CHANGES build/apr_rules.mk.in configure.in include/apr.h.in test/Makefile.in
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2011 14:59:33 GMT
Am 02.04.2011 16:39, schrieb Jeff Trawick:
> If you want both static and dynamic:
>
> * two builds in two passes of APR
> * further hacks to allow the two builds to be co-resident in the
> install location, since apr-2-config needs to know whether or not to
> spit out APR_DECLARE_STATIC in CPPFLAGS (and possibly other,
> uninvestigated glitches to resolved)
>
> So yes, at present you get a dynamic build by default, and if you want
> a static build you need to add --disabled-shared as well to avoid
> current glitches.
k, thats what I thought ...

> I'm not sure what you mean by that static makefile.  Something that
> drives the configure+make+make-install twice?
no, something which is kinda /me giving up on teaching configure to do
it right .....
http://people.apache.org/~fuankg/mingw/MWGNUmakefile
http://people.apache.org/~fuankg/mingw/MWGNUmakefile.inc
with that makefile you have both static and dynamic within less the time
than what configure only needs .... :-)
and honestly I'm thinking this is brobably a better approach since what
we now did while wasting countless hours is basically exactly same:
overwrite configure tests manually :-(

here's the build log with this makefile:
http://people.apache.org/~fuankg/mingw/build_mingw32-trunk.txt.gz

Gün.