apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1088023 - in /apr/apr/trunk: CHANGES build/apr_rules.mk.in configure.in include/apr.h.in test/Makefile.in
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2011 14:30:44 GMT
Hi Jeff,
Am 02.04.2011 15:50, schrieb trawick@apache.org:
> +dnl If building static APR, both the APR build and the app build
> +dnl need -DAPR_DECLARE_STATIC to generate the right linkage from
> +dnl APR_DECLARE et al.
> +dnl If building dynamic APR, the APR build needs APR_DECLARE_EXPORT
> +dnl and the app build should have neither define.
> +
> +    *-mingw* | *-cygwin*)
> +    if test "$enable_shared" = "yes"; then
> +        APR_ADDTO(INTERNAL_CPPFLAGS, -DAPR_DECLARE_EXPORT)
> +    else
> +        APR_ADDTO(CPPFLAGS, -DAPR_DECLARE_STATIC)
> +    fi
> +    ;;
>   esac
hmmmm; without having this tested yet - wouldnt this require that the
whole build uses two passes? What if you use:
./configure --shared --static
??

I've meanwhile created a static makefile which does exactly this, and
therefore needs compile go with -DAPR_DECLARE_STATIC for creating the
static lib, and another with -DAPR_DECLARE_EXPORT for creating the DLL ...

Gün.